As a registered KMM commuter, you can qualify for up to 3 free rides home per year.
The Emergency Ride Home program is a benefit offered to carpoolers, vanpoolers, and mass transit users registered in KMM’s Ridesharing program. Commuters must participate in an alternative commute method at least once a week to be eligible.
Criteria for use of ERH are as follows:
- A family or medical emergency that interrupts the workday.
- Unexpected overtime at your supervisor’s request.
- Breakdown of carpool vehicle or interruption of transit service that prevents a commuter from getting home.
ERH Program Rules
- Commuters MUST enroll in KMM’s Emergency Ride Program (see below) prior to arranging a ride.
- Registered ERH participants are eligible for trip reimbursement up to $50 per ride for a maximum of 3 rides per year.
- Commuters may schedule ERH trips using their preferred transportation providers such as ride-hauling (Uber), public transit, private taxi or car service or car rental agency.
- Commuters must email/fax a copy of proof of ride top KMM in order to receive trip reimbursement.
- The receipt or invoice must include name, address, and phone number of transportation provider, date of trip, origin, and destination, and total cost of the trip.
- KMM does not reimburse for tips.
How to Use the ERH Service
- Contact your preferred transportation provider and schedule a ride to your home or vehicle location.
- You are responsible for FULL payment to the transportation provider at the time of service.
- Once the ride has been taken, fax a copy to KMM at (732) 745-7482 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for payment.