Although winter comes as no surprise, many of us are not ready for its arrival. Winter storms or other severe weather conditions can cause serious damage. This winter season it is important to think about winter weather approaching and most importantly to be prepared for it. Here are some tips to help you get through the cold this winter:
- Stay indoors during the storm.
- Walk carefully and cautiously on snowy, icy walkways.
- Stay dry. Wear winter essentials like a hat, gloves, scarf, and jacket as a way of protection against the cold.
- Check your homes heating system. Make sure that it is properly working.
- Be aware of the current weather forecast. Know of any changes with the weather that could possibly make it worse.
Prepare your Car
- Drive only if it is absolutely necessary. If you must drive, do not travel alone.
- Clear snow off from the top of the car, headlights, and windows.
- Top off antifreeze, windshield wiper fluid, gas, and oil before you begin your journey.
- Make sure your tires have enough tread.
- Keep bagged salt in the trunk to melt ice or for emergency purposes.
The winter season can sometimes be a scary one. This is why it is important to be prepared for any type of weather condition winter may bring. If you are prepared for the hazards of winter, you will be more likely to stay safe and healthy when temperatures start to fall.