Summer brings long days, warm weather and more time spent enjoying the outdoors. However, the occasional (or more-like weekly, these days) thunderstorms also make their summer appearance as the skies open and deluge us with heavy, blinding rain.
While it’s safest to stay off the roads during these heavy storms, sometimes the rain comes quickly and fierce. KMM shares with you five important tips for driving in the rain.
- First and foremost, drive slow and focused.
- If driving on a highway, drive in the center lane since water tends to pool on the left and right lanes.
- If your wipers are on, so should your lights. This keeps you visible to other drivers and helps you navigate the blinding rain too!
- Never drive through moving water, especially if you can’t see the roadway.
- Follow the tread marks of the car ahead of you and make sure to keep at least 5 seconds of driving distance between you and the car ahead of you.